Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Making the Necessary Adjustments


This is my son Cody.  He was diagnosed with an Auto Immune Disease at the age of 14.  We battled this condition quite ineffectively for a number of years.  I especially recall the the struggles during his High School basketball career.  He was quite competitive on the court and it took quite a toll on his body. After working with a great G.I. Doctor and making adjustments with medicine, we made a little headway.  Well, at least he was not losing any more weight.  But, as you can imagine, that was not enough for a young man that wanted more.  So...we looked for more necessary adjustments! After doing some research...we finally decided to invest in some AdvoCare products. I wanted products that were backed by Doctors and Nutritionists.  I also wanted to hear and see some success stories.  AdvoCare met these criteria in addition to the added credibility of  non-paid endorsements by many top notch athletes. I was sold...but I had to sell Cody.  After all, he was the one that had to stick with the regime.  He liked what he read and saw, but he especially liked the way the products made him feel.  After a bit, he began to see that they were making a difference in how he looked!  He was finally able to develop the muscle and gain some weight...which in turn, motivated him to continue and the momentum still  continues!

I began using the products with a completely different set of needs and expectations.  I needed energy and a boost to my aging and sluggish metabolism.  Everything that I had been successful doing to maintain my fitness and energy levels at a younger age was no longer "cutting it' as I hit mid-life.I found that AdvoCare had products that helped me, as well.

Now, mind you, AdvoCare never promised to cure any of our diseases.  For crying out loud...neither has any Doctor! But my son is prospering as he is followed by an excellent G.I. Doctor and taking care of his health with the help of selected AdvoCare products. And, talking about making necessary adjustments...I was caught by surprise recently as I began to experience some of my own medical issues.  Now...this is a gal that had not visited a Doctor for over 4 years for anything other than annual "female" check-ups.   I was proud of how I took care of myself and exercised.  I was never sick, qualified for discounted Health Insurance rates, and was the "picture of health".  So...to say that I was knocked off of my feet was an understatement!  The jury is still out on my brand of  an auto-immune diagnosis as I wait for a Pathologist to review labs and biopsy results.  But, one thing is for certain...I'll follow my son's lead as I battle anyway I can to live a life that is full despite any setbacks!  I have had to make some adjustment in my product usage but am so grateful for quality core products:  Mufti-vitamins, Omega's, Probiotics, Calcium, etc.I have found that I need to get plenty of rest, manage my stress, and continue to exercise.  I'll keep you posted as to the other necessary adjustments!  One thing is for certain in this life...change!!  We must adapt to our new seasons and continue to press on as overcomers!  If you have a story to share about how you have adapted and overcome...it would be such a blessing! Feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment