Saturday, June 25, 2011

Got Motivation?

If you want to take your mission in life to the next level, if you're stuck and you don't know how to rise, don't look outside yourself. Look inside. Don't let your fears keep you mired in the crowd. Abolish your fears and raise your commitment level to the point of no return, and I guarantee you that the Champion Within will burst forth to propel you toward victory.”
Bruce Jenner
I guess we can say he knows what he's talking about!  But...most of us aren't Olympians.  What about just being all we were meant to be where we're planted?  Check out these scary stats:
A decade ago, 29.9% of Americans were obese.  Now, 2/3 of the nation is obese or overweight.  This rate is climbing among older children and teenagers.  12% of adults are diabetic, 25% of adults 45 and over are taking cholesterol-lowering drugs...well, I could go on and on, but stats are boring so I won't.
So...if you  want to join the ranks of the health conscious, if you want to get started or step it up a bit with me...I'm all over it!!  Let's get real and take a look at the Serenity Prayer:  "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference." Let's face it...we can't change the families we were born into or the genes we inherited.  I could do  calf raises 'til the cows come home, but I'll never have shapely legs.  I was born with "Kramer legs", that's just the way it is!  Part of getting started is being realistic about what we can and can't change!
Now...let's get practical.  The first thing I had to face...my eating habits, starting with breakfast.  If any of you have checked out my story on www.advocare.com/09094089 you will know that I was a coffee drinker and breakfast skipper.  I saw no problem with that, I thought it was working for me.  As a matter of fact, I was somewhat proud of the fact that I wasn't hungry until mid-afternoon. Little did I know that my metabolism was shutting down and chug-chugging along.  It got worse as the 50's approached!  But, heck, I didn't like breakfast.  The smell of bacon in the morning made me gag.  AdvoCare's Meal Replacement Shakes were a great solution for me.  I could handle drinking my breakfast, especially when I was on the run!  The Vanilla flavor gave me the freedom to add in a part of a frozen banana or berries.  Great protein to start my day and rev up my sluggish metabolism.  VERY IMPORTANT, I learned!  So, whether you choose AdvoCare shakes or something else...get that engine running!!! Keep checking in as we get really practical...make it a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment